Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Journal Entry No. 1 for Content Area Strategies

The most significant point that kept circulating through my mind as I went through this week's readings and videos, was that the start of every good lesson should begin with grabbing the student's attention. The various strategies that I read about addressed various content areas, but they all were set up to do the same thing, ignite the student's curiosity. In doing this the instructor has successfully created a classroom of students eager to learn. As an art teacher I found the questionnaire/interest-survey strategy to be quite useful. I think administering a questionnaire at the beginning of the term, would be an extremely useful guide in educating the instructor on what level of art the incoming students are at.

No comments: